It is the intent of the Board of Trustees and Administration of the Central Islip Public Library to encourage professional development of staff to better serve the needs of the Library and its patrons. The library Director shall review requests for attendance to meetings, conferences, seminars, etc. which are submitted by staff.
If attendance at a proposed meeting, conference or seminar is approved, the following shall apply:
- Staff shall receive their salaried or hourly pay as per their schedule for the day(s) of the event; time spent beyond the regular work day will not be compensated.
- Registration fee(s) shall be reimbursed upon presentation of proper receipt(s) by the staff person (the Library encourages pre-registration discounts whenever possible - membership in professional organizations is the responsibility of individual staff)
- When a staff person uses his/her own vehicle for transport, the Library will reimburse the staff member based on the IRS standard mileage rate established for the current year
- Overnight lodging and meals will be reimbursed based on the GSA (General Services Administration) standard rate(s) for the state where the conference or meeting is held
- The Library will reimburse the staff person for two meals per day (payment in accordance with GSA standard rates for the state of the event); no reimbursement for alcoholic beverages will be provided
- All receipts must be presented within two weeks of the event; no reimbursements will be made without properly authenticated receipt(s)
- The staff member will present a written report pertaining to the event's content and will share the learning experience with other staff members
Board Adopted: August 6th, 2019